Gluten Free, Nut Free, Soy Free, Corn Free, Vegan (option), WFM ‘Health Starts Here’ approved!
This jam is an excellent summer go-to for amazing flavors of local and ripe fruit. By adding in the live and raw Mum's Original Whole Seed Chia and the super anti-oxidant rich Mum's Original Cacao Powder, the jam goes from a nice-to-have to a must-have for an incredible source of super-sweet health.
- 5 cups washed & chopped strawberries (approx 900g or 32oz)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup raw honey (or 1 cup Mum’s Original Coconut sugar)
- 4 tablespoons Mum’s Original White Whole Seed Chia
- 1 tablespoon Mum’s Original Cacao Powder
- Prepare 4 small mason jars with lids washed and cleaned, place in a cook pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and then turn to low heat.
- Place strawberries and lemon juice in a large pot. Place on stove top and turn heat to medium/high. Cook for 6-8 minutes, while heating up mash the strawberries with a potato masher.
- Add honey stir in and turn to high, keep stirring and bring to a hard boil (meaning that mixture will not subside when you stir it). Keep at a hard boil for one minute and continue stirring.
- Turn heat down to low, add chia, vanilla and cacao powder. Simmer for 15 minutes or until desired consistency.
- Take each mason jar and remove from water, carefully add in jam mixture to mason jar. Cover with lid and lightly tighten lid. Repeat until jam all bottled.
- Wait 10 minutes and the gently tighten each lid by hand.
- Place in fridge – will keep up to 7 days.